Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Traditionalists, shut thine eyes......Cole's first haircut

Well, I'm 9 months old now and I've been getting shaggy apparently. Daddy has been regularly asking Mommy if he can buzz my head to which she has adamantly protested that I'm still a baby and I would look like a prison camp baby if he did that. But my hair has been getting really long and it's wild whenever I wake up or lay on it, so yesterday she gave in. After that lovely soothing ride in my new wagon I was brought home for one of the most traumatic experiences of my young life.

Daddy put the clippers on the longest setting, but it vibrates when it's on and I was absolutely terrified of that vibration on my head. First they tried me sitting in the sink but I was too squirmy, so they strapped me into my high chair. You'll notice the food on my face b/c they tried to calm me down with bites of food between buzzes, but it didn't work. I was inconsolable. After it was over (more due to my weeping than to it really being complete), I got popped in the bathtub which usually makes me happy but not tonight. For the rest of the night I would burst into tears if anything touched my head. It reminded me too much of that horrible buzzer.

And here's the finished product. Today as Mommy posts this she is noticing several patches on my head that got missed, but all in all she likes how it turned out. It's not too short and now I just look more like a little boy and less like a wild-haired baby. Let me stress how traumatic the experience was for ALL involved. I thought I got a year before I had to go through this, but when you have parents who aren't big traditionalists I guess you have to watch your back.



3 comments:

Spaghetti Head said...

sweet baby! it is a very cute hair cut. its a great story!

Guitta said...

awww, poor guy. haircuts can still be traumatic at 30.

Erin Fults Photography+Design said...

shame, shame on your mommy cole. you should have had a year before you had to endure that. :-)