Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Dutch Roots

They have the GREENEST grass in Iowa without all the weeds we have in my yard at home (Mommy says this is offensive to bring up the weeds in our yard - it's a bit of a sore spot with her.)

I felt so at home in Orange City with windmills and wooden shoes everywhere. Mommy's 100% Dutch which makes me 50% Dutch. Daddy says Mommy's Dutchness is just a sham since she never lived in Holland, but it's fun to play like it matters :).

Rockclimbing - I must stay in shape since I don't have the chin-up bar like I do at home.

This is a big slide for a small boy - don't worry, I didn't really get to go down it. And if the truth be told I started crying mere seconds after this shot was taken.




1 comment:

Spaghetti Head said...

love the vacation posts! iowa never looked so inviting. or maybe i just never imagined it would be:) glad y'all had such a good time.