To be more accurate, this was the first time I've helped cut out any kind of cookies...you may see why. We had to make cookies for the Tutoring ministry at church's Christmas party. Mommy is a forward-thinker, though, so she gave me my very own special dough to cut out....totally separate from the dough she used to make the actual cookies for the party. Smart lady.

I was so engrossed in my cookie-making that I wouldn't look up for a picture. By the end I had worked and reworked and so heavily floured my dough that it was just shards and bits, so I went to dumping the bits of dough into the cookie cutter instead of pressing the cutter into the dough. There's more than one way to skin a cat...

Sounds like a mess, you say? Yes, but that's what 3-year-olds do. Momma likes to think of it as part of my education - my play is my work. And you can always wipe a table and sweep a floor, but you can't get back the sweet days of a 3-year-old!

1 comment:
Very fun! And good for you, Momma. I think you're absolutely right. I will keep in mind the separate lump of dough for the future!!
Post a Comment