Sunday, February 12, 2012

January at our house

"Mom, come look what I did!" Cole had somehow managed to put and hold in place 4 tinker toys into the grooves on the mantel.


Cole decided to make a cozy little sleeping area for him and Daddy complete with pillows, blankets, and his burpie laid carefully on his pillow so he would be especially comfy. Then Daddy pulled out the harmonica and everyone wanted a turn :).
Who's that cool dude? Cole Dent, you say? Incorrect. "Mom, I'm Mr. Raf!" Cole is obsessed....no, that word is not too strong....obsessed...with drumming and thus with our drummer at church. He uses tinker toys (if you have a 3-year-old, invest in some! He plays with them more creatively and for longer periods of time than any other toy) as drum sticks, or a wooden spoon if I'll give him one, or sticks if we're outside, and he plays on my metal mixing bowls or on a box or on the floor or on other tinker toys...anything. This week he got especially creative and made himself a cymbal with tinker toys and an old DVD. I hear more times a day than I can count, "Mom, Are you ready?!? Are you ready for me to play?!? I'm Mr. Raf!" And he beats and beats and sings and beats. When the obsessions started a number of weeks ago he would say, "Mom, I'm the man in the corner at church!" He still tells me sometimes, "Mom, I'm in the corner! Are you ready for me to play?"


Not to be outdone, Tyson tries to keep up with the cool factor.


Success!




No comments: