Saturday, April 21, 2012

March at the Dent Abode


Drinking anything, ESPECIALLY plain old water, is always more fun from a really big cup...without a top on it...with a straw. We have a cool mom.  



Yep, I'm still obsessed with drumming! I entertain myself with some form of drumming, setting up a drum, organizing my drum corner, etc at least 1/3 of the time I'm playing every day. Mom often opens the back of the van when we're playing on the driveway because we love to play in our seats or in the back. This day I found a pressure cooker in the back...Mom took it away, it was just too loud. 


And this is what Tyson does...checks out the vents, sits in my seat, tests the lights... 


One day Mom turned around from cooking to find this: got my saxophone propped in my mouth using my legs to hold it while I drum on a homemade "drum" and a toy drum with both hands.


My favorite animal is the ostrich, but it used to be the llama. And anyone who knows their llama family knows that one of the llama's relatives is the guanaco. This swing is the blue guanaco, and what I'm doing is called "Riding the Guanaco". Tyson has been able to say "Gah-Co!" for months, he likes to ride it too. 

And here's the little show-stopper himself. This is a good example why buying things used works for us. Mom got Tyson these cowboy boots at a consignment sale for $5. The only problem? His chunky legs can barely fit in them so he hobbles around for 20 seconds then wants them off. They'll be back in the "to sell" bucket for the fall. Gotta get slim if you wanna look cool, Ty-ty.


Mom's kind've a neat freak although she tries to let go and let us enjoy life, and today she got the stamps out. I stamped a little but mostly just inked my hands. 


Most kids are afraid of loud noises. Tyson and I both love to help vacuum, watch Daddy mow, and here Daddy even let me use the blower to help him blow off the driveway!


Mom says this picture is the joy of motherhood for her. We were playing in our room nicely together and came in the kitchen to say, "Mom, look at me and Tyson!" and this is what she saw. We think we look cool, she just chuckled and hugged us. 

No comments: