We haven't been doing much exciting to blog about, but I read a blog post on another blog that I thought was worthy of sharing on the subject that is so near and dear to my heart, adoption and orphan care.
The Mom who writes it is in the process of adopting a daughter from Ethiopia and part of the way they're paying for this is not saving for their kids' college funds. When friends told them that her children would resent her and her husband one day for that choice, she wrote this letter to her kids - not a long post, well worth the read.
http://itsalmostnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-dont-want-my-children-to-be-happy.html
6 years ago
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this, Christina. My husband and I talked about it and how she is so right in what she is doing and it was very encouraging to us as we begin this new journey into parenthood soon. I hope we can love our child with the kind of love that God has for us -- not the kind that always wants us to be happy! :)
Post a Comment