Another small break from the goings on of our own kids to share a glimpse into the life of our dear Brindha Mani in India.
I (Christina) started sponsoring her through Compassion International when I was 17 and she was 7. She is now 17, the same age I was when I started sponsoring her! We have written back and forth about 5 times a year for 10 years now and we have gotten to "watch" her grow up through her letters. If you've considered sponsoring a child, I can't encourage you too enough! We've also sponsored Didas Minja in Tanzania since he was 6 and he is now a big, strong 14-year-old. He draws us a picture to go with every single letter he writes (about every other month) that always gets hang time on the refrigerator :). This is Brindha's latest letter to us:
Praise the Lord
Dear Uncle and Aunty, I received your letter and 4 pictures. Thank you so much for your lovable heart (translation is sometimes a hoot :)). Cole is growing fast and he is so chubby and I like to pinch his chubby cheeks and kiss him. I'm praying for that wonderful day and a very big congratulations to you both for becoming parents to your second child. I hope by the time you receive this letter you may have had a newborn baby. I am eagerly looking forward to hear the gender of this new child. My prayer is that you have a girl baby becuase in my family similarly there is one son and one daughter for my parents. I like to have the same members, a boy and a girl, as your family. Always I praise and thank God for strengthening our relationship between these years. I moved to 11th grade and in 10th grade I scored well and now am going to my higher secondary school by train. It takes nearly 20 minutes to reach my school. Did you get to meet your brothers and their families? (referring to our beach trip). My tight hugs to Cole. I love you. Yours, Brindha
Consider sponsoring a child to give them the educational, spiritual, and physical necessities that you and I have been so blessed to have here in America. It has been such a blessing to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment