Daddy had a few days off at New Year's so we decided to take a little vacation to Chattanooga.

We went to the zoo (below) for free because of our membership with the Jackson Zoo. I (Cole) suddenly had a bad case of "The-Animals-Are-Going-To-Eat-Me!!!" and whined/cried my way through most of the zoo, terrified of everything that moved. The bright spot was steering this train below.

The zoo wasn't a total loss, though. I have 2 National Geographic Mammal books that are my new obsession, and though I didn't like the animals while I was AT the zoo, I sure have showed Momma and Daddy lots of pictures in my Mammal books of the animals I saw at the zoo. I can enjoy the memory of them much more than the actual event.

Now HERE'S an animal I can get close to - one that's not living. We got to walk over the river and run around in the park and ride the big stone animals. We also went to the Aquarium but pictures don't turn out well of dark indoor fish tanks so you'll just have to imagine me there.

As mentioned above, these NG Mammal books have opened my eyes to all SORTS of animals I didn't know existed, one of which is the Mongoose. One of the pictures is of 2 mongooses showing their teeth to each other, and when I get to that page I like to show my teeth to whoever will look at me. Here are Momma and I showing you our Mongoose faces.

Mommy and Daddy had to sit down for a rest in the park, but I'm too cool to share a bench with them. That's so babyish and I'm a man now. I guess the sippy cup isn't helping my man-image is it...
1 comment:
Who knew you went to Chattanooga! I hope you loved it! It is a pretty awesome city if I do say so myself:)
Post a Comment