Cole went through a screaming-for-fun phase at the table that we quickly put a stop to. Tyson, being 10 months old, loves to screech as loud as he can in his high chair, so Cole has take it upon himself to teach Tyson what we taught him: "Let's not scream, Ty-Ty" he says very earnestly.

Yesterday I put Tyson down for a nap and he whined/cried for 15 minutes. Earlier we had been playing in Cole's room and Tyson's water cup was still in there. Cole, out of the purest motives, decided on his own that Tyson must be thirsty (Cole takes a water sippy to bed at all times) and took it upon himself to go find Tyson's cup and bring it to him. I only caught on as I saw Cole reach for Tyson's door handle. "Cole!!!!!!!!!" But it was too late, Tyson had seen him and came unglued. Cole was so confused why such an innocent gesture caused Tyson to scream even louder, and I needed a few deep breaths not to come unglued myself...at Cole...nap time around here for Tyson is no laughing matter, but Cole loves to do sweet things for his brother.

Cole has recently become quite the little kisser. When Tyson goes to bed Cole says, "I want to give him a kiss and a big hug." When we put Cole to bed we are showered with kisses that go something like this: Cole is laying all tucked in, we tell him a story, pray, say goodnight and give him a kiss. He immediately struggles to sit up, "I gotta get up...I'm gonna give you a kiss on your cheek (kiss), now this side (kiss on other cheek), I'm gonna give you a kiss on your ear (kiss), I'm gonna give you a kiss on your other ear (kiss), I'm gonna give you a kiss on your hair (kiss), I'm gonna give you a kiss on your nose (kiss)." He eventually gives kisses on all parts of the head except the mouth (we're not parent-child mouth kissers around here) but he likes to tease about it saying, "I'm gonna give you a kiss on your...teeth" and then grins as I say, "No, silly!" We drink up every last kiss from our sweet boy, I know they'll soon diminish :).

Two big highlights of the week are Wednesday and Saturday mornings when the trash truck comes by. I set Tyson in the yard in the very thin shade of the tree trunk and went to pull a few weeds and Cole went and sat right next to him while they waited for it to come down our street.
No comments:
Post a Comment