Cole loves puzzles. Has loved them since I got him his first one at a garage sale for 25 cents (missing 1 piece). I was sure, when I got this one at a yard sale for 50 cents, that he wouldn't be able to do it. The biggest one he'd done by himself was 24 pieces. This one was 48. I did it with him the first time. A few days later he got it out and, while I was in another room, put it together on his own. He loves puzzles! And his momma is a little bit proud :).

Another window into his personality. I have a bunch of extra hangers on the bottom rack in his closet where he can reach them. One day he and Tyson had taken all of them off and strewn them around his room. They were not in any order before he took them off, and all I told him was, "Cole, you need to go in your room and hang all the hangers back in the closet." 20 minutes later he came out and wanted me to come see his accomplishment. They are color-coded as well as type-organized. Only one hanger is out of "order".

I bought him a box of Tinker Toys last week at a garage sale and he loves them. The first time he played with them and I told him to pick them up, he did so...organizing them by type, putting all the wheels in a row, all the long sticks together, etc. They were a jumbled mess when I gave them to him, so he didn't have the idea that they were supposed to be organized, but he continues to put them away each time by lining up the wheels and trying to put the bigger things in order. Very interesting little personality in there :).
No comments:
Post a Comment