Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tyson - my pumpkin - "uh-oh, Momma, Dadda, and Night-night"

Tyson took his first steps!! For awhile we've suspected that Tyson is quite capable of walking, he just has no interest in it. Yesterday he was excited to see Thomas and while I was taking his jacket off he started walking towards him with me holding him. As I took the jacket off I just moved away and there he went - 4 steps to Thomas! The little stinker...holding out on us :)


Tyson can say "Uh-oh", "Momma", "Dadda", and "Night-Night" and knows what they mean. I would say that "Uh-oh" was really his first word that he knowingly used. He understands simple things like "Sit down", "give me a big hug", and "put it in here", but he acts oblivious to my admonishments over playing with the Playstation (he knows how to turn it on and eject the disc from it - it's like magic to him), pulling on cords under the computer table, playing in the kitchen trash, ripping books, and the list goes on. BUT, he continues to be a fun, bright, jolly little boy most of the time. His favorite activites are pulling all the magnets off the fridge, unloading the pantry, pulling the grill off the bottom of the refrigerator to my daily consternation, messing with the blinds (also to my daily consternation), playing on any bed other than his own, wrestling anyone who lays on the floor, and playing outside. Some of those things I'm not sure how much he actually enjoys doing them, but it's like he can't rest until there are no magents on the fridge and the grill is waiting to lame someone on the kitchen floor. He's much more adventurous than Cole was at this age and loves to get dirty. He loves baths and laughs with glee when Cole squirts him in the face with water. Cole has never laughed when water was in his face once in his life. Tyson thinks it's hilarious. Tyson loves baths so much that you have to sit right there while the tub fills up because as soon as he hears the water he comes flying in there and can heave himself over the edge to get in the water.


Above is how he plays "peek-a-boo". I love to see his little hands smashed on his face, sometimes covering his eyes and sometimes missing them. He still eats a lot, will eat almost anything, and eats really fast. I'm usually just sitting down to my meal and he's almost done with his. He goes to bed at 7 with no fussing and likes to have a burp cloth to hold and chew on. He stuffs (yes, stuff is the right word) it in his mouth as he puts himself to sleep so every morning you come get him and he first hands you (he likes to empty his crib before he gets out) a soaking wet burp cloth with a toothy grin. He gets up anywhere between 6 and 7:15 in the morning and still takes 2 naps a day, usually at 9:15ish and 1:30ish, sleeping for about 3 hours total. He goes to sleep without a fuss for naps as well as bedtime and often reaches for his bed when he knows it's time to go to sleep. He'll let you rock him (Cole did not like rocking) but after a minute or two he wants to either play or get in bed. He hates going to the nursery at church and they often have to page me to come get him because he's beside himself, but he loves to play at Mimi's house!



I am so so blessed to have this little jewel for my son. He is less cautious than Cole but has the same sweet personality and jolly disposition. He and Cole love to play together - they wrestle a lot and I often hear lots of laughing and then crying and have to regularly remind Cole that when Tyson cries that means GET OFF HIM.


"Tyson, where's your tongue?" He sat on Cole's trike yesterday for about 30 minutes and watched us play and pulled leaves off the bush in the front yard. Cole is very caring towards Tyson. He always likes to hand him all his toys when we get in the car since Tyson has usually thrown them out of reach during the last ride. If Tyson cries Cole often says over and over, "It's ok, Ty-Ty, It's ok. It's ok, buddy, it's ok." They do have their share of strife over "sharing", and Tyson can be just as ugly as Cole in swatting at Cole when he's frustrated or mad, but generally they love each other and Cole is very protective of Tyson. If Tyson is in another room I often say, "Cole, can you check on Tyson and tell me what he's doing?" And Cole will run in there and report back. Although sometimes I hear, "He's playing with the thing that comes out of the other thing." Then I know I better check on him. But usually I hear, "He's tayin' (playing) on my bed" or "He's yookin' at books" or "He's gettin' the diapers out of the trash can" - better go check again. This method also works in the car when Tyson is being quiet. He's still rear-facing so I can't see him. "Cole, what's Tyson doing?" {pause}. Cole: "He's just yookin'" meaning he's just looking out the window. Or, "He's seepin' (sleeping)". Cole often takes it upon himself to save Tyson from his own misbehavior and I know I need to intervene when I hear, "Tyson! Tyson, we don't tay (play) dat!" I come running and Cole explains, "Tyson was gettin' the tash (trash) so I took it away from him," or, "Tyson was touchin' dis so I took it sum (from) him." No matter that the item in question is equally dangerous for both parties. Cole takes his role as big brother very seriously and loves Tyson dearly.








2 comments:

Leslie said...

Way to go, Tyson! So proud! Love hearing how the boys love each other. I'm hoping for the same in our house!

Spaghetti Head said...

Love all the posts!and sweet Tyson update.