Oh, if you could only hear these two...Cole is always a drum player, Tyson goes from drum to saxophone to guitar. In the last month, though, he is a guitar player almost all the time. They get up on whatever "stage" they've determined and sing at the TOP of their lungs and beat those drums and "play" that guitar. When they get metal pans involved it's mind-numbing.
Mom saw this idea in a magazine...they're looking for suckers like her...sounded good, corn meal on a cookie sheet with trucks to drive through it. Translation: Corn dust on every surface within 5 feet of me and the little guy.
We would spend most of their days playing musical instruments or reading if given the option.
I (Cole) love to set the table...not to be helpful...but to make sure that I get every orange item available for eating. And I've assigned to Tyson that his favorite colors are green and blue, so naturally I've graciously given him his favorite colors!
These days are fast coming to a close, but I still take a nap most afternoons for an hour or so if Momma lays beside me until I'm asleep. If she doesn't, I just bide my time playing foot games on the wall or rolling all over my bed to stay awake.
I could do this for hours. I'm only allowed to if the muffins aren't headed for the home of someone else since the germ factor in my technique is a little shady. This is really hard for my Mom, you other OCD mothers are in good company, but she tries to let go and let me be messy and learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment