Monday, October 25, 2010

Road Trip to Charlotte

Last weekend we took a road trip to Charlotte to visit one of our favorite bloggers (who also happens to be family). It took us 11 1/2 hours to get there by van so I did my duty and took a turn driving.
By far the most exciting part of our trip was the drive-thru safari park where you could feed the animals out the window of your car, like this zebra.

All 9 of us managed to get in the front 2 rows of Uncle Micah and Aunt Carolyn's van and, amid much screaming and shedding of tears mixed with squeels of delight we made our way through the park. There's a fine line between exciting and terrifying for small children like us, and when you have Uncle Micah along who's always looking for a good shot of video, I was glad I was on Daddy's lap.

Kate showed me how the petting zoo at the end of the safari worked.

And I actually tried it!

Daddy's holding our second empty bucket of animal food. Uncle Micah lost the first bucket no more than 2 minutes into the park in a confrontation with a very large cow/bison/deer animal who tried to get his head in the van with us.





1 comment:

Bomgaars Family said...

Cute! I need to get copies of your pictures because I don't have any! You forgot to mention how scary the cow/deer/whatever was.