Thursday, April 11, 2013

Funnies from Cole

 
We got a new Bible Story book for Christmas and on the front are animals from an "African Savannah" sort of scene, including a couple meerkats. For days we could not convince the boys that they were meerkats...they were adamant that they were "SMEERkats."
 
I gave Cole "snowman soup" (hot chocolate from preschool) with his lunch in a Mississippi State mug. He told Thomas at dinner that he got "snowman soup in a MISTY STATE cup!"
 
I made Roasted Green Beans tonight for the first time, which leaves them a little shriveled and browned. Cole hops up at the table and says with deflated confusion,"My beans are dirty." 
 
 
Tyson is sad that I'm leaving the room at bedtime. "Don't go bye-bye!" he says. I reply, "Tyson, I sang you lots of songs and it's time for bed. Cole's in here with you, you have all your cozy things in your bed, you're just fine." Cole pipes up from the top bunk very seriously, "Mom, I will take care of him."
 
Cole had his valentine party at school today so when he got home he was bursting to look through his bag with all 13 valentines from his preschool friends in it. I told him he should sit by Tyson at the table so Tyson could see them too. Cole: "Yes, that's a good idea, because Tyson is my best friend."
 
Working on some memory verses. To help the boys get started on a newer one I say, "Rejoice in the Lord always, I..." looking for the end which is "I will say it again, rejoice!" As I trailed off after "I" they both burst out in enthusiastic perfect unison, "WILL MAKE YOU FISHERS OF MEN!" Tyson, when he's not quite sure, usually goes to his stand-by answer which is "bruv-er-wee wuv." I was glad they were at least excited about answering, even if it was a bit of a mixed bag :)
 
The picture below is of one of the sweetest memories I think I'll have of Cole's childhood. He has picked flowers for me as early as he was able to successfully do that. And it's out of his delight in giving me something pretty. He often gleefully runs up to me and says, "Mom, do you like WHITE?" Of course I tell him that I love white. Then he whips out some white flowers from behind his back and says, "I thought you'd like these because you LOVE white!" The color's always changing based on what he finds. Anything from dandelions to clover to azaleas, I almost always have something in the little vase by the sink. It's always in the back of his mind. Anytime he sees flowers, he'll stop what he's doing and pick me a little bouquet. The Christmas cactus in the background he gave to me for Christmas. Mimi asked him to pick out something he'd like to give me and she would help him with it, and he told her he wanted to give me a flower. His wife will be a blessed lady one day.
 
 
I get a daily chuckle out of my boys' dead serious rendition of Lightening McQueen's name. Cole calls him "Lightening The Queen" and Tyson calls him "Hello Queen"...I guess it's a nod to the male version of Hello Kitty?
 
Listening to Cole and Tyson discuss the "Cars" movie and what they have "figured out" about it is hilarious. One of the minor characters is named Flo but I've never heard them talk about her. This morning Cole showed me a picture of her in his Cars coloring book and said, "Mom, did you know what her name is?" "No, tell me." "It's Le Glop." "Her name is Le Glop?" "Yep, because..." and then he goes ...into a long explanation of part of the movie and somewhere in there he is convinced that she is called Le Glop. I tried to offer that her named might be Flo, but that was soundly shot down with, "Next time, you can watch the movie with us, and we'll show you...her name is Le Glop." Silly mothers, let the professionals decipher the movie :)
 
I also had to do some convincing to Cole that the forklift's name on "Cars" is Guido, not "Squid-o" as he and Freeman were both convinced that it was.

No comments: