Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Move over Stanley Steamer

Vacuuming is a big treat around our house. Cole LOVES to haul out the tank vacuum and suck things up.  One day I was working in anothe room and came back to find that he had folded up and hauled the 5'x7' rug from the breakfast room into the no-mans-land by the sink so he could clean the breakfast room floor!

Unfortunately Tyson happened to be sitting there. But when the man is at work, you better just move out of the way. Too bad for Tyson, he got mashed with the rug.

Here they are, Tyson with the Swiffer, Cole with the vacuum, cleaning away.
 The end is even better: After they were done I asked Cole to put the rug back down in there. I figured if he had folded it up and managed to move it 5 feet, he could move it back and unfold it. I was cooking at the stove which is 5 feet from the breakfast room.  I had heard Cole whining and grunting but he's easily frustrated sometimes and I ignore it because I want him to learn to overcome it and finish the job on his own if it's something he's capable of. Suddenly I feel like the rug is very CLOSE. I turn and there's Cole pushing the rug behind me, close to tears but more mad than sad. "What are you doing, Cole?" I ask him. There's no-where to put the rug in the kitchen, I have no idea what he's thinking. "It's not working so I'm putting it in the trash!" he says. :)

No comments: