Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tyson talks - the funnies from the littlest guy

Tyson might best be described as the quiet clown. He's usually not wild and crazy, but he says and does some really funny stuff...often just to be funny. If you take his clothes off and let him run around in his diaper, it's like a cat in catnip - he goes crazy dancing, running, and being silly. He talks so much that I have to start a funny corner just for him. Almost everything he says these days is understandable.
 One day I was playing on the bed with Tyson and he came over, softly brushed the top of my head, smiled, and said, "Peacock!" Perhaps that was his way of complimenting my haircut :).

 Tyson had a bad cold a few nights ago so I gave him a few breathing treatments of saline solution. One thing I've learned is to do breathing treatments while they're sleeping. Usually they sleep close to the side of the crib and I can hold the mask close to their mouth without them screaming like I'm skinning them alive. So I did this for Tyson but the second night he woke up. He was in such a sweet little mood, laughing and laying there and talking while I held the mask just inside his crib by his mouth. Then he rolls on his stomach and starts petting the face mask. After a minute he looks at me smiling and says, "Nice doggie." For the rest of the time he petted the doggie or asked me for "doggie come visit me" in various different slats of the bed as he moved his head around.


Tyson mimics EVERYTHING that Cole does. Bad behavior, good behavior, he attempts to follow Cole's every move and mood, as though he's actually experiencing the same thing Cole is (if Cole gets hurt and cries, Tyson pretends he's hurt and tries to cry - and I think he actually believes he's hurt). One morning Cole had been mean to Tyson while I was in the shower so I told Cole to come sit next to the shower door in the corner for a time-out. Tyson watched while Cole came and sat in the corner and whined, "I'm ready to get up, Mom!" After he was calm again and had finished his time, he got up and we went on with our day. 2 hours later I hadn't seen Tyson for a few minutes so I asked Cole if he knew where he was. Cole said he thought Tyson was in our bedroom. I listened and heard whining coming from that direction. Fearing that Tyson had gotten himself hurt I flew in there, only to come around the corner of our bathroom and find Tyson in the exact spot Cole had been sitting in for his time-out, and Tyson is moaning, "I'm ready to get up, Mom! I'm ready to get up!" And I really do believe that HE BELIEVES he's in time-out! Even though it was his own idea!

The next day we were outside and I was mowing (it was VBS week so I was helping Thomas who was helping every night with VBS - i'm not usually THAT good of a wife) and filthy. Cole had to pee so I took him over to the bushes on the side of the house and let him go. 30 minutes later I was on the front of the house and asked Cole to peek around the corner and see if Tyson was on the swingset. Cole goes and looks and starts giggling. "Mom! Tyson is trying to pee on the bushes!" Sure enough, Tyson is standing right where Cole was trying to pull his pants down. Oh my.   

No comments: