Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Riding with the big boys now!

This post may better be named, "The day I got a brand new bike...emphasis on BRAND NEW in case we look back on our childhood and think we only got stuff from garage sales". I've been wanting a bike for months, and I even went so far as to begin asking for specifics like, "I want my bike to be orange and blue." Well hot dog, can you believe I am here riding an ORANGE AND BLUE bike!?? No, pigs aren't flying. Mom and Dad decided to get me my birthday present early. Momma had been looking for a bike for me for months at garage and consignment sales to no avail, and they decided to spring for it and get me a new one - and they even found one in the colors I wanted!!!

This is me - proud as a peacock. And that little guy in the background? That's Tyson - heartbroken. Soon after this picture he went over and knelt down in the gutter and laid his head on the sidewalk, he was so distraught that he didn't have a bike too.


I'm not cold-hearted, though, so I let the little guy have some turns on my new ride. I got this 2 months ago, and every time we have someone over to the house for dinner I haul my bike into the living room and show it to them. I love it so much.


No comments: