Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cozying up the joint

My summer project was to cozy up our house. We have 10-foot ceilings in our living/dining/kitchen area and I'm not gifted in the decorating area. But after almost 2 years of living here, it was really feeling cold and empty, especially at night with no light other than the the lights 10 feet above you. This is the dining room part of it before (first 2 pics) and after (2nd 2 pics).



I got the dresser below at a consignment shop and had someone paint it with chalk paint, use a dark wax on it, and distress it a little bit. I LOVE how it turned out. The lamps are also from the same consignment shop, the platter was from a friend who was cleaning out before moving, the lantern from a garage sale, the picture is of me holding Tyson as a newborn with dried rose petals from Thomas and my wedding in a wine glass beside it. The pictures are of Thomas and my families back 4 or 5 generations with the verse "We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done."



I spray painted the chandelier (never again but it looks great) and a friend made the curtains. All in all, I absolutely love how everything turned out. It does make a huge difference to have some stuff on the walls and curtains on the windows.

No comments: