Tyson hauled out his Mississippi State hat one day and got it on his head all by himself. A funny little Tyson story: Cole and Tyson were playing on our bed one Saturday morning while we were lounging around. Cole jumped on the bed (an automatic spanking here) and got a spank. Tyson, the little stinker, lays on his stomach, reaches his chubby little arm around and starts spanking himself on his bottom, smiling all the while!
Another Tyson funny: He confuses words sometimes in the cutest ways. They both love having something shaken on their food, and since we don't put a lot of salt on their vegetables, they always ask for pepper. But before Tyson knew what a prize pepper was, I shook some on his corn one night. He looks at me on the verge of tears and bawls, "But I don't like PEPPERONI!"
My kids have never really liked watching tv. I know what you're thinking, that I've poisoned their minds. I can assure you that I've never even made a negative comment about them watching tv...I've never had to, they won't watch it!! I thought this was just a fluke with Cole, that he loves books and just doesn't have any interest in watching more than 5 minutes of tv before going off and playing with something else. But Tyson is the same way. Even at 4 years old the only things Cole will watch are America's Funniest Videos and live animal shows like Jack Hanna's Animal Adventures or something like that. Cartoons hold zero interest for him, and even Sesame Street is a 5-minuter. One afternoon it was rainy and they asked to watch tv so I put on a Winnie the Pooh video. I pick up VHS tapes for 25 cents at garage sales to see if I can hit on anything they'll watch (let's face it, sometimes it's just nice to have a few minutes of peace on a rainy day), and below you can see what happened. They watched for about 5 minutes, then got playdoh out and ignored the tv on in the background while they talked with each other about what they were making.
They are both terrified of swinging as well, another universal love of children. I don't know what we do to them, but whatever it is has instilled a fear of swinging and disinterest in cartoons. Guess we'll have to stick to playdoh and reading books :)
No comments:
Post a Comment