In June Momma took me to see the Barnum & Bailey Bash at the coliseum downtown. It was pricey so we left Daddy and Tyson at home. Now if you know anything about the circus, it's kinda like the fair. Everything is astronomically expensive, but it's timed just right so you have to get there at 5:00 - right when you're hungry. But nobody fools my momma and if you know her, she will not be paying you $7 for a hotdog. So we got there a few minutes early and ate sandwiches and grapes in the car before we went in and watched the rest of the crowd spend a week's salary on food. But don't feel too sorry for me, she's not so bad after all.
See? She asked me what treat I wanted to get, and I saw these Smore's on a Stick and that was the ticket. So she forked over $5 which was actually the cheapest snack you could get - lucky for her...maybe I'm hardwired for frugality too.
While we were a little disappointed that there were no lions or zebras or trick riders or tight-rope walkers (I know, I said we were at the circus but apparently Mississippi gets the B circus), we DID get to see elephants and dogs and camels and all in all we had a great time. Momma spent a good deal of time adding up what she thought the average family was spending on admission, food, and souvenirs based on what she observed, but once she got past $175 she gave up. I'm just glad I got a treat out of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment